Thursday, November 10, 2011

Godiva Chocolate Liqueur Brownies...Yum!




Hello!

Is your mouth watering yet!?  It should be because these brownies are Ahh mazing!  I made these this past Tuesday for Dan to take to work and he said they were gone before lunch.  (It makes me cringe to think that those men are eating all of these sweets before lunch).  I usually try to make something breakfast worthy but these were just too good to pass up.

I got this recipe from a lady that I work with...thanks Donna!

Through trial and error, I have found that using Dutch processed cocoa really makes any recipe so much better.  However, this cocoa can be a little hard to find (in Savannah anyway).  I actually bought some on Amazon the first time I used it.  I found it later at a specialty store in Savannah.


The Godiva Chocolate Liqueur mini bottles have been pretty easy for me to find.  They also come in dark and white chocolate (might have to try something with those soon).  These mini bottles are a little over 3 tablespoons each so if you are doubling the recipe, you will need 2 mini bottles.  I found them at only 2 bucks a piece!

(Please excuse my blurry picture)


Brownies:


1 2/3 cups Granulated Sugar
3/4 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
2 tbsp Godiva Chocolate Liqueur (You can find the mini bottles at the liquor store)
2 large Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla Butternut Extract (I found this at Kroger)
1 1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
3/4 cup Baking Cocoa (See picture)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Chopped Nuts (Any kind you like)
Powdered Sugar for dusting

Directions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease and flour 8x8-inch baking pan.

Cut butter into tablespoon sized cubes and melt in microwave.
Let the butter cool slightly.
Add sugar and chocolate liqueur.
Stirs in eggs one at a time and add vanilla butternut extract.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
Mix together with a whisk to fully incorporate.
Slowly add to sugar mixture.
Fold in chocolate chips and nuts--make sure the mixture is cool enough before putting in chocolate chips so they don't melt.
Spread into prepared baking pan.

Bake for 30 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted comes out slightly sticky.
Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Cut into bars.

*Recipe can be doubled and baked in 9x13 inch pan for 40-45 minutes.


Have you ever made anything with Godiva Chocolate Liqueur??  I have some left over and I'd love to try a new recipe!  

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy.. yummy!! that looks like an amazing recipe.. Must try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for contacting me about the treat stand....I wouldn't worry about cookies! I wouldn't put anything hot on there but when things like that are put on there for a short amount of time I don't really think it's a big issue. I wouldn't put it in the dishwasher though, hand wash only. Also, you can cut and fit doily's around on the plates to have a protective layer between the treats and the paint if you like! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these brownies last night- amazing flavor!!! My husband loved them and he doesn't really care for brownies. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete